Friday, November 20, 2009

Something Like Wal-Mart...Kinda

There's one reason and only one reason I like Wal-Mart: it is THE place to go for low-price-one-stop-shopping.  I can get the oil changed in my car, a gallon of milk, new socks for the kids, a prescription filled, toilet cleaner, AND get my nails done, my hair cut, my bank deposits deposited, and eat at McDonald's all in one mega-store.  Wow!  (I don't actually do even half of those, but maybe I should.  Maybe it should be the new place for women to have Girls' Nights Out!)  That's the only thing I like about Wal-Mart.  There are probably a million things I don't like, but that's not my point here.  (Did you know you can't take pictures inside of Wal-Mart?  Try it.  Like with a camera, not a phone, and see what happens. :D)


One stop shopping is definitely one thing...convenient.  I don't have to run all around town (which I actually end up doing anyway), getting everything I can at Aldi, then going to Wal-Mart for the things that Aldi doesn't carry (cilantro), or quickly running to Reasors (for meat) or Sam's for larger volumes.  I wish more things were one stop shopping.  For instance, a computer+tv+cable+internet+phone+answering machine+alarm in one convenient hand held device, but I'm probably a little ahead of myself.  Oh be the day that I look back and say, "OMG, remember when we used to watch shows on our DVR?!?!  That was soooo 2009!"

No, what I really want is an all encompassing website where I can upload pictures, easily edit them, tag them, share them, and order prints w/in an hour that I can pick up w/in 61 minutes.  I need the convenience of online storage, so I don't bog down my computer.  I want to be able to easily share them, certain ones with the world and certain ones with family.  I know what you're thinking, "Oh Macey, there are tons of options out there that offer all of that."  Yes, and no.  I like to talk.  (NEWSFLASH!  Shocking, I know!)  So this blog is perfect for me to be able just to talk (even if no one is really listening).  I can post pictures here and talk, but can't fix them, or print them.  I can use sites like flickr, but don't have the ability to talk or print and pickup pics within an hour. 

What I need is a combo of facebook, flickr, a blog, and Walgreens all combined with faster than lightening speed.  I don't want to wait forever for it to upload.  I want easy editing tools. I take more than half of my pictures vertically (sorry, dad!) and I want smart websites that recognize this and flip it!  I want it to auto correct red eye. Simply put, I want to upload my pictures, have a smart system auto correct them (can we say "Al"?), allow me to tag them and send them to who I want and when I want.  And when I snap my pictures I want certain ones printed off and put into lovely picture frames hanging on my walls.  Ok, maybe not that part.  Oh, and if my camera could instantly upload to this new, magical site, then that would be even better!)  So Santa, if you're listening, for Christmas I want a photo-editing-sharing-blogging-instant uploading-website, an all in one...kinda like Wal-Mart.   Is that too much to ask?! I think not.



Until next time.  Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment