Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I need a raise!

     Stay at home moms (and dads)...(and grandparents) have to be the hardest working and lowest paid people in the world.  Today I was ready for dinner at 4pm and ready for bed at 2pm.  I'm exhausted.  And I'm ashamed to say I've even had help the last two days!  One 3.5 year old asks more questions during her awake time than I even knew were possible.  And if you think, for just one second, you can ignore just one little question, it ain't possible.  No way.  That only means that same question will now be repeated, louder and louder and even louder until it's finally answered. 

     I think Zoey  has watched the Wizard of Oz every day at least twice.  She is beginning to think she IS Dorothy.  I obviously need some kind of curriculum.  Maybe I'll take everything that Gavin brings home from kindergarten and "undo" it for Zoey.  Ok, tomorrow's plan: the letter "Z" and the number "2".  It's going to happen.  (Said to convince myself, not you.)  AND I have a chocolately chip choochie cake to make.  Zoey will also be learning about baking!  Wow, she will be the smartest girl in her 4 year old program next year.  And she will dazzle all the kids with her baking skills.  Ha!  Ok, maybe not.  Besides, she doesn't have to be the smartest, or the most liked kid...just normal,...a normal kid with a desire to learn. 

    Gavin, on the other hand, is reading like a mad man.  We're getting to the point where we can't spell words around him anymore.  In fact the other day I told Sean, "Wow, well, that lady is sure proud of her b.o.o.b.s., but we don't need to see them!"   And Gavin takes a second, spells it to himself out loud, sounds it out, "o. o. says ew"..."bu..eeeww..bu..ssss", and then excitedly exclaims, "BOOBS!  That lady is proud of her boobs!!!".  Darn it kindergarten class for teaching him to read!  Note to self: next time try pig latin.  :D

     Until next time.  Mwah.

No comments:

Post a Comment