Monday, November 16, 2009

About Me


1 John 3:1
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called sons and daughters of the King!


Anytime I give someone my name, the next question posed is usually, "Oh, like the parade?". My response is always the same. "Yes, like the parade, but with an 'e'." My life mirrors the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in many ways. I don't have large scale college bands marching through my living room, numerous Broadway musicals hitting their marks in my kitchen or huge helium-filled balloons floating around my ceiling, but we do have our fair share of singing, drama, and balloons (normally birthday in nature). Our lives have brought numerous characters waltzing through our door, some clowns and some beautiful parade king and queens. And although my parade is a daily event, not held just once a year, you can bet you'll always find a lot of people huddled together with their faces adorned with huge smiles as they witness the chaos and fun that this parade brings. Macey's Daily Parade.

I am a very active daughter, wife, mom and friend. I thoroughly enjoy spending my time with friends and family: laughing, playing, enjoying one another, and usually eating. Did I say laughing? We laugh a lot. Well, we eat a lot too! My family and I lead a very hectic life, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love staying busy and feel like I'm not doing anything if I'm not doing anything...doh! I love meddling around the kitchen. I love grilling out, being outside and around water when it's warm. I love shopping (even if it's not for myself). I love breaking out into a nice dripping sweat. I love sparkles and the color pink. And I love taking care of the people I adore. Music moves me and I dream about one day being discovered. I'll either be a rockstar or a moviestar...or quite possibly both. (Even though I have no talent for either!) I love this crazy life that I get to call mine. It is a parade. And I am blessed.

But most of all, this princess is in total awe that I get to be called a daughter of the King.


This I Believe...

I believe in miracles.
I believe in impossibilities becoming possible.
I believe in the impossibilities of a virgin birth.
I believe that God sent himself to earth as a baby.
I believe that He lived a humble life on earth.
I believe that the only Son of God offered himself as a perfect sacrifice.
I believe that sacrifice was a ransom for the sin of all those who accept him.
I believe in the impossibility of a man being raised from the dead.
I believe that He now sits at the right hand of the Father God.
I believe I am part of a new covenant with God.
And I believe that He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe that impossibilities only become possible through God.
I believe in miracles.

This I believe.

1 comment:

  1. You're blog has been featured on Designs So Pretty, http://designssopretty.blogspot.com/. DSP is a showcase for Pretty, Beautiful & Lovely..blogs, websites, print work and more. Click on over to see your blogs feature!! You can submit a design for me to post or surf the designs already posted. Oh, and don't forget to grab a 'featured on' button.

    ReplyDelete