Sunday, December 20, 2009

I'm here, I'm here...You can all relax now.

Many of you have been asking if I'm still alive. (Ha!!! Not one person has asked, but in the dream world that I live in, people were concerned. They were very concerned.) Well, last time I checked, my pulse was normal and my breathing was even, so for all of those living a concerned life in my dream world, worry no more for I am alive.



During the last few weeks the word "daily" has been haunting me. Every time I peek over at my laptop it beckons me to tickle its keys. Yet instead of sitting down to write, I cover my eyes and pretend that eye contact really didn't just happen. (You know what I'm talking about. Like when you see someone in the store who you just really don't feel like talking to at that very moment? Uh huh, we've all been there. You cautiously duck into another aisle, you put the box of cheerios in front of your face as not to be noticed, or you flat out run away. I know, you've done it too. I just hope it wasn't because you saw ME in the store!) Well, rather than writing, I instead chose to knock out my things to do list. And yet through all of my "daily" angst, I am realizing that it's not about posting "daily". It's about writing about my "daily" experiences, the parade that is my life, which (newsflash) doesn't have to be done "daily". I can do a little something called summarize!



Thank you English class!



So for the past few weeks life around this house has been hectic to say the very least. If Christmas shopping, working out, stay-at-home-mommying, house cleaning (only my own), basket-creating, salsa-making, party-attending, grocery shopping, and everyday living weren't enough, we try to shove a little more of everything into each day. We've even started turning down requests just so we can have some time to simply breathe. But with BOTH kids being out of school for the next couple weeks...my patients and mothering skills will be tested to the max!



Last week I finished up a big snack basket order for a mommy friend of mine to deliver to her business clients. I think they turned out lovely and we've had some really good feed back so far. It's nice to hear that people are enjoying the fruits of my labor. I've been busy with orders for the holidays and honestly, I'd rather be crazily busy than sanely bored. Which is the real reason why I gave in to my beckoning computer tonight. I'm all caught up for the evening, it's now just after midnight and instead of going to bed, I decided to shove one more thing into my crazy day...or technically, my tomorrow.



So for at least today, be tickled ole computer keys for who knows what the rest of today will bring. Sibling rivalry? Of course! Regrets about not going to bed earlier? Definitely. Threats of Santa not bringing presents for bad behavior? Absolutely inevitable. But it is my life. It's my "daily" parade. And I wouldn't have it any other way.



Until next time. Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment