Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009 Facebook Status Updates

In case you're from Mars and have no idea what Facebook is all about, here is a recap of my 2009 status updates. Unless otherwise noted, "Macey Highberger" is the beginning of each sentence. Hope you enjoy.

January
...is trying to figure out the facebook thing and wondering if I really have the time and energy to keep this up.

February
...is looking at the clock and realizing I'm already late getting in the shower!

...is starting to make super bowl party food!

...is going to bed (and totally excited about the Killers concert!)

...is so sleepy, but has to watch Idol before bed...now I'll be singing in my dreams!

...is soooo happy to be home from Houston!

...is wishing she took more pics at the Killers concert and in Houston!

...is happy she uploaded her pics, but now sad she's tired.

...is giving up on OSU basketball and starting Idol.

...is quickly finishing Idol, rushing Gavin to bed, turning off the lights, using potty, getting blankie and getting mentally ready for the best show in the world.

...is weighing the options: guitar hero, movie, or beddy bye...hmmmm...

...is ready for it to be Monday.

...is feeling blllaahhhhh...sniff, sniff.

...is mad at Kathryn for bringing chocolate to work...but it's soooo good!

...is willing to pay someone to buy her groceries and do her laundry.

...is thinking another cup of coffee sounds divine!

...is hoping tonight's sleep is better than it has been.

...is actually considering the fantastic "car deals" going on this weekeend!

...is happy OSU won (I know, it's sad) and ready to BBQ Bevo!

...bbq'ed pork instead of bevo and will be doing cardio for it tomorrow!

...is about to start the 2nd chapter of a book to be read by Tues. Yikes!

...is bummed there is no Idol tonite (Sean said get the guitars ready...whoo hoo!!!!).

...has three words: Everlong on EXPERT!!!!!!

...is cracking up at Zoey who's "judging" the Idol singers. "Momma, she not sing good!"

...is now E15!!

March
...mad at Mathis Brothers.

...is letting out a big sigh of relief.

...likes to talk.

...is prepping food with Kristen for the party!

...is amazed...Gavin just lost his first tooth!

...is already missing that dls hour!

...wishes 5 yr old boys listened to their mothers.

...is wondering WHAT IS GOING ON???????

...is about to enjoy some homemade buttermilk buscuits and sausage gravy!

...is making chocolate chip cookies.

...is trying to determine what Zoey's Mickey Mouse cake will look like. (gulp!)

.is now moving off the couch and into the kitchen to work on corning some beef? Is that how you'd say that? Ha ha.

...is sad that tomorrow will be the last day of corned beef, cabbage, and colecannon. :'( But is very happy that LOST still ROCKS! :o)

...is trying to figure out the best ratio of icing to color black, copper and red for Zoey's cake. Hmmmm....

...is thinking party clean up should happen tomorrow.

...is probably fully caught up on her sleep...until her body yells at her tomorrow for not getting her full 10 hrs plus a 90 min nap!! Dang, I should've been in bed 30 minutes ago!

April
...is soooo ready for LOST, I could pee my pants. Ok, not really, but I'm super excited!!! :0P

...is thinking that i need a lock on my pantry and fridge that only opens when it knows I'll make good, healthy decisions!

...thinks today was a TERRIBLE day to walk Gavin to school...we froze.

...is sooooo excited about her lil silver present coming home soon!!!
(my new car)

...is trying to decide...work on food vs. eat food vs. do taxes vs. go to bed early vs. have a drink vs. go drive around. :o)

...Bring. On. Lost!!!!

...LOVES storms...well, the thundering kind, not the 'naders kind. Mmmmm, welcome spring!!!

...thinks house hunting is exhausting!

...sat down on the couch with a bowl of ice cream, got situated, looked in my bowl, and found NO ice cream!
(That was probably my favorite post of the year!)

May
...Just got taco meat on the stove to slow cook all day and is headed to work! Vamenos!

...ís having warsteiner and classic corned beef and cabbage with K,M&S.

...is wondering: to move or not to move? That is the question!

...is about to tee off!! Gotta love Monday golf! woo hoo

...WOW! Wow!! WOW!!!!!

...is going to bed. Something is making me super sleepy! zzzzzz

...tomorrow night, first game, 2 man, on the beach...wish us luck!

...is 1-0.

...is LOVING Adam...oh wait, no, Kris. No. Adam! NO! Kris!! I can't decide!!! So, I'm happy either way!!

...is wondering if the 4 of us really have to match for our family photo?? Really?!?! Can't we just photoshop sumtin cute instead?

...is headed to Stalewater, OK for two days of glorious golf!

...is having a really hard time with all of the orange. This university is confused...and has one letter too many!

...is stuffy.

...is cookin for tomorrow!

...is plum tuckered!

...is packing!!

...is officially on vacation!!!

... is thinking Miami is HUMID!

June
...is so ready to see her babies...and seriously needs to re-condition herself to portion control!!!

...is nervous!!

...is nervous no more. wrist did great. getting 2man down and rocked 4man tonite with a W!! woo hoo! way to go "Shut It Down"!

...is a seepy bear. (yes, seepy)

...is swimmin with the fam. thanks m and d!!

...I need a website that allows me to QUICKLY and EASILY upload and edit my pics, share them (including posting on FB), and order prints when necessary. Any suggestions?

...is waiting to see the orthopedist.

...I'm wondering if I answered the "Are you claustrophobic?" question correctly.

...is grrrr, zzzz, sigh, ugh.

...needs to go to the store but is having too much fum swimmin'!

...I'm enjoying the AC and prepping food and the house for dads' day celebration. I love you, dad and Sean!!

...I think that the 99+ degree temp+running to bball, playing for an hour, running back, then playing beach vball on the SMOKING hot sand = too much for my poor, overheated body.

...Has decided it is my new goal to become part of a music video, preferably the lead.

...Ugh. I'm awake. :(

...Did anyone clean my house and do my laundry while I was gone??

...I'm thinking 95 feels pretty darn good!


July
...Ah man, doc just said the "s" word. Maybe I can change his mind!

...is Boom Boom Pow!

...Happy Birthday, Dad!!!!! Now let's box!

...Sittin, waiting for Gavin to take the stage.

...Who has a inexpensive paella pan??

...Does anyone know if BA has plans to make 209th a thru street from 61st to 51st?? I want straight access to the new, ginormous Wally!!

...Going to NOM, NOM, NOM!

...I am...

...I'm Wicked!!!!

...BLT's, naps, laundry, & vitamin K.

...and Kristen BOOM BOOM POW'D ourselves to a win in 2. Woo Hoo!!!

August
...is thinking about going Paleo...maybe? Try it? Maybe?? I JUST WANT TO BE HEALTHY AND MAKE GOOD FOOD CHOICES!! (I'm yelling at my sugar-high-fat-dairy-all-together-junk-craving self! It's not you, it's me.)

...meeting the teacher today.

...Dinner? Check. Baths? Check. Laundry? Check. Oh yeah, and it's only 7:45!!

...Feels strangely empty and free at the same time.

September
...The devil is in the details. To pass along info without verifying the details makes you the devil.

...Why does football on tv make me want to cook chili, search for pumpkins, and think it's 40 degrees outside???? Oh I love it!!

...Tomorrow is TUESDAY...tomorrow is TUESDAY...tomorrow is NOT Monday, no matter how many times I think it is, it will sitll be TUESDAY!

...Has an uncureable headache!!!! Ugh.

...Is thinking this weather is go-jus!

...is a dancing queen.

...Thinks you can never really be there. As soon as you get there you're here. Right??

October
...So, where does the red brick road go?

...Sometimes it's hard being a witch. (sighs)

...One better...one to go.

...Just needs to vent about how much I hate Walgreens' pharmacy. Soooo frustrating. I will never return. And I'm telling anyone who will listen!

...Have we suddenly been transported to Seattle? Looks like Tulsa. Smells like Tulsa. Feels like Seattle!

...What doth that bright light that shine forth the heavens?? I think they call it a "sun"!!

...Ok. I think it's about time to actually start the job hunt process...any recommendations? Suggestions? Offers? :D (References available upon request.)

...What's up with my boat/water/fear/problem dreams???? It's getting ridiculous!

...thinks that sitting on the couch and watching the biggest loser while eating chocolate chips cookies is just wrong. With my mouth shoved full, I told the boys I wanted Jillian's body...Gavin immediately said, "Nooooo mom, then you'll be MEAN!". Ha ha...that's right Gavin, now hand me another cookie!

...Gavin was working on his -am words this morning: ham, ram, Sam and then got confused on 'bam' and kept telling me "yuh huh mom, it says 'dam'!".

...Body Combat + Body Pump = 1200 calorie burn!! (plus the after burners!)

...needs some sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching so you can rest medicine.

...Is it possible to OS (over sparkle)???? I think not!!

November
...You want a holiday gift basket full of MUNCHies by Macey...don't cha?!?! You know you do! Salsa, chocolate covered oreos, lemon blossoms, cake balls, or your very own cookie cake perhaps?!?!

...Everyone!!!! Come to 2126 S. Jamestown....RIGHT NOW!!!

...I am FREE!!!

...Loves good friends and good food. Thank you.

...Seepy bear going to find a den at the lake with momma bear and baby bear cubs.

...Do you love your job?

...wants a small, indoor, cuddly, non-yippy dog. Any suggestions?

...You need to come shopping tonight in downtown BA or skip it all and come see me at On The Corner 123 W. Commercial. Super cute stuff, plus MY baskets, salsa, and MUNCHies!! And...SANTA'S COMING!!!

...Is feeling the peace that comes with the assurance of hope.

...Is at the doctor with Miss Zoey.

...Dinner party success!! Thanks guys. You guys rock!

...I'm thankful y'all hit "accept" and not "ignore". :) Yet another successfully stuffed Macey's Thanksgiving Day Parade. (You thought I was just gonna say day, huh?!)

...Nana's left over white cake has magically morphed into cake balls!

...Gimme an "S"!

December
...Do you have a blog you love to follow? If so, I'd love to check it out. I'm looking to add some awesome ones to my blog (one, because I'm just curious about what's too good to miss and two, because I need some comments/followers!!!!) :D

...If I have to suffer thru Santa Baby one more time I'm gonna scream! And screaming seems likely since it's only Dec 4.

...The Living Christmas Tree is tonight: I LOVE sitting in a room full of people dressed in their "holiday fancy pants", the smell of "it's a church program so we better wear our nice perfume", surrounded by my favorite people on the planet (even though you won't be there), all enjoying some of the best songs and stories of the season. I can't wait.

...Makin' Cake Balls. Tryin not to sample too many.

...Christmas music? Check. Christmas apron?check. Hot chocolate? Check. Check. Yep, it's tree decoratin' time!

...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

...Zoey said for Christmas she wants to be a white girl with pretty shoes. Not sure what that means...but I like it.

...Zoey just told me "Girls make dinner and boys....uh...boys...boy...do laundry." I like it! I need my boys to do my laundry.

...Referral needed: awesome heat and air dude. (or dudette)

...Mollee!!!. Noooooooo. Oh a plague upon this house for not voting!!! (Not really. We don't need any extra plagues around here!!)

...Please tell me how you do it. How do you tackle laundry successfully? Let it pile up and then do it all and put it all away? Or do a little at a time all the time? Tell me. I need the secret to not letting it take over my life!!

...Dear wind, I hate you. Love, Macey

...Does anyone know of a fun, hip place to have a drink, possibly food (not required), that possibly has entertainment and is kid friendly?

...Please pray for the recent loss of a dear family member...my food processor. The holidays will be rough this year.

...If it snows 7" then I owe all the Highbergers $7. So here's hoping I don't have to break my piggy bank.

...Anyone know of an awesome resort in Playa del Carmen that you'd recommend? That's also good for the kiddos?!

That's it! I can't believe it...another year has escaped me. I turned 29, Zoey turned 3, Gavin 6, and Sean 32. I met some amazing, new people who have changed my life, went on a fabulous vacation, and lost some important parts of my life, only to fill those gaps with more family and fun time. I couldn't have asked for a better year. My family is healthy and our smiles are bigger than ever. We are continuing to learn to be respectful, appreciative, giving people who love our God more than ourselves.

Here's a goodbye chest bump to 2009 and a welcoming bear hug to 2010.

Until next time. Mwah!

2 comments:

  1. House hunting is indeed exhausting but to finally see your dream house is exhilarating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Macey---Paul Hiller here, former Associate Services guy during your KW Midtown/Metro days. I'm not really sure how I (accidentally) found this blog with your name all over it, but I did! It's funny, 'cause I remember you and Sean being into food and cooking. Keep up the fine work!

    ReplyDelete